Tuesday, October 14, 2014

French/Spanish Teacher, Anne Zachary, Participates In National Gallery of Art Workshop

This summer I had the immense pleasure of studying art history with other teachers at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC! This year’s theme was “Impressionism and Post-Impressionism,” featuring (mostly!) French artists of the late 19th Monet, Edouard Manet, Edgar Degas, Paul Cézanne, as well as the Dutch Vincent Van Gogh and American Mary Cassat. When I returned, I was thrilled to receive a citation from Senator Elizabeth Warren for my participation in the NGA’s institute! Look for more art studies to appear in my French AND Spanish classes this year!

- Anne Zachary

An art historian lectures on Van Gogh while I sit next to his self-portrait!
A congratulations from Senator Elizabeth Warren
My classroom now contains more Impressionist images.


No comments:

Post a Comment