"We have a responsibility to ourselves and to future generations—as parents, educators, policy-makers, and leaders in business and government—to support language learning in the United States to achieve the following results:
- Provide Access to Languages for all Age Groups and every level of the education continuum, from early childhood through retirement;
- Prepare More Language Teachers, without whom we cannot advance language education;
- Promote Public-Private Partnerships in language education to amplify the work begun in our schools;
- Support Heritage and Indigenous Language communities in their traditions and birthrights, and as an important and distinctive national resource; and
- Encourage International Learning Experiences for students, teachers, and workers through educational and professional programs, as a critical aspect of advanced language learning."